BagThat CEO Andy Sutton pins a successful launch on one of the site’s key ideals…
BagThat has been almost 18 months in the making and only a couple of months after launch one thing more than anything is clear – the customer is king!
Of course, this is a well trodden mantra for most customer serving organisations but we all know, through personal experience, that the reality can often be far different.
Never has delighting customers been more important than in this socially connected world where good news and great experiences can be shared at the touch of a button. But ignore the flip side of the card at your peril – as every politician will tell you, a small bit of bad news will travel wider and faster than a good chunk of good news! Continue reading
CADAC makes beautiful outdoor cookers – from portable camping barbeques to deluxe four-burner models to make the neighbours turn green with envy. As a launch partner of BagThat, they’ll be bringing the true South African barbeque to the UK market – and so we’re celebrating with some mouth-watering barbeque recipes for the blistering British summer (well, parts of it!)…
Seared Tuna on Salad Nest
- 600-800g tuna fillet
- Pinch of sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad leaves
- 4 tablespoons coriander and/or basil pesto
- 2 roasted peppers
- ½ cucumber, sliced diagonally
- Juice of a lemon
- 8 new potatoes, boiled and halved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Avocado pear (optional), stoned and sliced lengthwise
Slice tuna into 2cm thick slices. Rub half of olive oil into tuna. Continue reading
Liz Cole, our Director of Customer Service, explains how she got involved and makes three promises to all of our customers
I joined the team last September after hearing all about BagThat from our CMO Annabel Hembry over a cheeky cocktail, and I remember immediately thinking this could be very exciting and I had to get involved.
Now, I like to shop online, a lot (just ask my credit card company!), so I’ve had my fair share of dealing with online customer service teams over the years, and like everyone have had experiences from the good to the downright infuriating. So for me, it’s really important that BagThat is recognised for delivering honest, friendly and efficient customer service as I know how important these things are to me when I’m being asked to part with my hard earned cash.
It seems so simple doesn’t it? But as we all know, it’s not always the case when shopping online.
So, what are my top 3 customer service niggles that you won’t find at BagThat?
- The information vacuum. Given the choice, everyone would rather not have to contact a customer service team (even one as lovely as ours!) But with some sites getting the answer to a question is like finding a needle in a haystack.At BagThat we try and give you as much information as possible – via the instructions on screen, our videos, the help page, and within all the emails we send you every time you interact with our site. The great thing about being with BagThat from the start is that Customer Service has been built into every part of the site, making it as easy to use and as intuitive as possible.
- The email black hole. My alltime favourite! We’ve all been there. You optimistically send your customer service query on its way, and sit back and wait for the reply…..and wait….and wait some more.Not at BagThat – we’ll come back to you – and quickly! If we can’t answer your question immediately, we’ll keep you updated so you’ll know exactly what’s going on.
- Talking to a machine. I’ve spent hours going round and round customer service telephone systems, only to be placed in a queue to be told that “my call is important” when I feel anything but!At BagThat, you will get through to a real-live human being every time you call our customer service number – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If they can’t answer your question, you won’t be put on hold for hours, transferred to another machine, or placed in a queue. We will take your details and get the right person on our team to call you back.
I’m feeling really excited about the customer service we can offer at BagThat. It certainly ticks all my boxes, and I’ve been told I’m hard to please! It’s the smarter way to shop!
I’ve always loved shopping, and I really enjoy a day out on the high street with my best friends – it’s such an exciting social experience. I especially love to compare thoughts on what we’re buying and what we’d like to get our hands on next, all while catching up on our lives and the latest gossip!
It’s a very girly thing, but I also have a bit of a masculine, argumentative side to me, and that definitely comes out when I’m looking for a deal. I really enjoy the competitive side of it, and do like to take a bit of a hard line when I’m haggling. Everyone’s looking to get the best deals and everyone wants to look great, and I think that’s where people’s bargaining skills can come to the fore. Of course, everyone’s always a little jealous of their friend who’s found a brilliant deal, but it’s part of the fun to try and find something better! Continue reading
Did the gorgeous Stella McCartney bag catch your eye as you opened this page?
Want to win one?
Well, you’re in luck. In partnership with Emerald Street, we’re giving away this beautiful must-have tote to one lucky entrant (and throwing in £20 BagThat credit if you’re one of the first 100 to enter, too!)
Simply answer one easy question (hint: you’ll need to take a quick peek at the BagThat site…) to enter, over at emeraldstreet.com.
Just click here to read more and enter!